Sunday, February 20, 2011

Making Sense of Modern and Contemporary Poetry- With Me!

Welcome, readers, to my first blog since Xanga rocked my world in 7th grade! If you are meeting me for the first time, I am Maddie Ruth, a first-year Psychology and Music Performance double major at Goshen College. I enjoy playing tennis, making music, bike riding, and drawing, among other things. Never before has “reading poetry” made the list, but through a Modern and Contemporary Poetry class I’m taking this semester, I am attempting to work my way through a variety of published verse by everyone from Ezra Pound to Langston Hughes to Adam Zagajewski. In doing so I’ve come to not only comprehend, but also enjoy a lot of what I’ve read! This blog will hopefully track some thoughts regarding my favorite poems, and can also be a way for you to get a taste of the delights and displeasures of reading an array of poets and styles. You are warmly invited to join me in reading and sharing YOUR thoughts. The idea of this blog is that poetry is much more fun when it is shared with others!

1 comment: